Cake Depot Sales Associate
$9 to $11 (Part-Time)
Full-time / Part-time / Seasonal As a Sales Associate for Cake Depot NC, your primarily responsibility is engaging with customers and maintaining a well-organized retail store. Your duties include greeting customers in a friendly and professional manner and providing them with recommendations on particular products, unpacking product orders while maintaining accurate inventory records and performing routine cleaning procedures before, during and after business hours.
Reports to: Manager / Assistant Manager
This position also involves efficiently working the cash register, bagging customer orders, answering customer questions regarding designs, icings, decoration of cakes/treats, and other baked goods. Excellent customer service, multi-tasking, answering phone inquiries, assisting in preparation/stocking in back of the house. Must be able to work Tuesday through Sunday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- – Greet customers in a pleasant, helpful and professional manner.
- – Ensure product on shelves, counter and display cases are fully stocked at all times
- – Provide accurate information (e.g., product features, pricing, and after-sales services)
- – Stay up to date with new products and services
- – Answer customer questions about design details, baking questions, classes being offered, etc.
- – Operate the cash registers and credit card machine efficiently
- – Arrange store supplies in an attractive manner in the display cases, on shelves and counters.
- – Complete online orders and assist with classes (if needed).
- – Keep the location organized, clean and sanitary by sweeping and mopping floors, emptying trash cans, cleaning and wiping the inside and outside of the refrigerators and immediately cleaning up any spills.
- – Maintain inventory on sales floor and back stock room.
Education and Experience
- – Previous experience in cake decorating and other baked goods
- – High School Diploma or equivalent.
- – Good reading and math skills.
- – Basic computer skills.
- – Excellent verbal communication skills and legible writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- – Knowledgeable of various types of food coloring, icings, cake boards/drums, chocolates, etc.
- – Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- – Excellent time-management skills.
- – Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment.
- – Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude.
- – Understanding of food safety practices.
- – Experience as a cake decorator is desired.
- – Most of the time will be spent standing.
- – Will be occasionally necessary to deal with long lines of customers.