Cake Depot Cake Decorating Sales Associate 2021
$9 to $11 (Part-Time)
A Cake Depot Cake Decorating Associate is primarily responsible for working the cash register, bagging baking supplies, and answering customers’ questions regarding treat design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets customers in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Takes and fills store holes from supply room.
- Answers customers’ questions about design details, baking questions, and other aspects of the treats in the making.
- Operates cash registers and credit card machines when customers pay for their bakery supply items.
- Arranges store supplies in an attractive manner in the display cases and stocking shelves and counters.
- Makes certain that displays are filled with products and not low on merchandise or empty.
- Fill online orders and assist with classes (if needed).
- Keeps work areas sanitary by mopping floors and wiping counters to immediately clean up any spills.
- Maintaining inventory on the sales floor and back stock room.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Good reading and math skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and legible writing.
- Previous experience in cake decorating.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Expert with different types of food coloring, icings, cake boards/drums and chocolates.
- Understanding of food safety practices.
- Experience as a cake decorator is desired.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude.
Most of the time will be spent standing.